Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How Many Calories Are In Chow Meing

kitchen knives - the purchase

knives:
It is a subject. This is the topic.

With age and experience, I would say Japanese first. These are the best knives for their steels and sharpening them.

Otherwise, it's simple, the knives are French, German and Japanese. Voluntarily forget the great local cutlery cutlery especially English.

I can speak from experience. I started with knives from Thiers: the "32 Dumas Ainé" and "Sabatier" range head. Very good but a bit soft, do not sound clear enough, a little fat, a sharp enough slippery. I left the kitchen of my parents with knives purchased from monop then of course, was incomparable, day and night. Sabatier knives realizes the range Fuso certainly the best French industrial knives.

But I left France for knives from Solingen in Germany, those brand "Zwilling JA Henckels" was again on the day and night. Very hard, very precise, very clear. I preferred range PROFESSIONAL "S" , it is very broad, very professional, close ranges Dumas with its rivets. That's the knife. Never disappointed, my first was boning knife, 14cm blade, a wonder, the kind that never disappoints. But I really discovered Zwilling knives: short head, long head, thread, ex officio, mortise, Ham ... no disappointment, each use. My wife does not understand that I sort of 30cm knife to cut an onion or three knives so I prepare for a bird, but each blade to its flexibility, its sharpness, size, weight ... Though I kept only three, this would be the head of blade 23cm, the Boning and a paring knife. When go on vacation I take these three knives. If I kept one, it would Boning even if I use the most is the head, but Boning goes everywhere. I could not stay longer than a week in a kitchen without these appendages. There are girls addict Prada me is a good knife. When I'm at my parents, I am unhappy in the kitchen. I want to cook, but I'm missing, I'm missing something, like a painter without a brush I guess.

Well, back on topic, I discovered a year ago Yoshikin brand and its range Global . I have been unfaithful I Boning, I bought myself a new Boning to try the GF-31, a little longer, but a wonder. It was a slap is not the quality of steel that blew me away but the angle sharpened age, very close to the blade. The cut is really different. In Europe we are used to sharpen the blades at an angle, giving a squeal when cut. With Global, it's slippery, it seems that we would not even need to take his knife to cut it, more pressure, more stress, more resistance. It's magic, it is close to ecstasy.

is a start in the Japanese cutlery, a good start I think. I'm a little pissed because I thought I keep my knives my whole life pass them on to my children, so they send them to their own. Well, my German knives will end up in the countryside. My next knife will be a Masahiro I think. The grail is not so far.
For prices for a 24cm head (one of the most expensive), it takes roughly:
Dumas € 60 € 100
Zwilling
Global 100 €
Masahiro 180 €
a paring knife in the 30 € Zwilling home.

Manufacturers:

merchants Sites:

0 comments:

Post a Comment